5 Easy Reasons For Your Boss to Send You to NGINX Conf 2018
We always see our conference as important, of course – and for four years running now, conference attendees, training recipients, and sponsors have agreed. But this year is special.
Since last year’s conference, we’ve added key features, such as gRPC and HTTP/2 server push, to our web server software; updated NGINX Plus – three times, by the time Conference rolls around; and introduced the first general release versions of NGINX Controller, NGINX Unit, and the NGINX Kubernetes Ingress Controller. (Together, all of these pieces, plus the NGINX WAF, make up the NGINX Application Platform.)
So NGINX Conf 2018 is your opportunity to see all of this brought together, demoed, and explained – along with a rare, once-a-year opportunity to hear from and talk to many members of the core NGINX development team.
This blog post will give you a few key reasons to justify attending to your boss – and, in many cases, for your boss to come too! (We’re not sure if that will be a good or a bad thing for you, as we don’t know your boss…)
NGINX Conf 2018 will be held in Atlanta, Georgia from October 8-11. The days break down as follows:
- Monday, October 8: Training classes (intermediate + Modules training)
- Tuesday and Wednesday, October 9-10: Keynotes and conference sessions
- Thursday, October 11: Training classes (advanced + Modules training)
So you can take in the conference in just two days, then add a day or two of training on either side, to make your visit three or four days total.
The conference will be held at Loews Atlanta Hotel, conveniently located in Midtown – just 20 miles from ATL, the busiest, and one of the most easily reached airports in the world. You can easily get to and from Loews, and all over Atlanta, via the MARTA transit system.
So, how do you quickly and easily justify a visit to our most excellent conference? Here’s how – copy and send what follows to your boss!
—— clip here —–
I’d like to go to NGINX Conf 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia, October 8-11. Here’s why:
- Get trained. NGINX Conf has twice as much training as before. The NGINX Modules training class that filled up so quickly last year will be back, delivered on Monday and repeated on Thursday. (Modules training, NGINX says, will not only make me a better developer, but a better human being.) And I can mix and match NGINX Modules training with NGINX Core, Securing Apps with NGINX, Advanced Load Balancing, and Advanced Caching.
- See what’s new. This year will be the first appearance at a conference of NGINX Plus R16, and NGINX will be demoing GA versions of NGINX Controller, their monitoring and management tool, and the latest version of NGINX Unit, as seen at the top of Hacker News. All that, plus the NGINX Kubernetes Ingress Controller that you’ve been so interested in. Demos and talks will show how to use these powerful tools to simplify and strengthen our stack.
- Meet the team. I’ll get to meet the founders and core members of the NGINX development team. They’ll be staffing the NGINX booth, giving talks, and leading training sessions. These are the people who build NGINX Open Source and NGINX Plus, which we and others count on every day. I can compare notes on best practices and get some of our questions answered. I’ll also get to meet peers who have solved many of the challenges that we may run into in the future.
NGINX Conf is also great for getting the big picture. Of course, we need to know the “what” and “how” – but the conference will also give us a rare opportunity to find out “why”. As we see every day, application development and delivery are in upheaval, and the NGINX Application Platform could become a big part of the solution.
I’m also told that the MARTA station near Loews Hotel shares its location with a spa, and there are a million other great things happening in Atlanta. Not that I’ll have time for any of that, of course…
Now, these are not just great reasons for me to attend. They also make a good case for you, and some of our fellow team members, to come along as well.
So there you have it; a bunch of great reasons to send me, as well as yourself and other team members, to NGINX Conference 2018, this October in Atlanta. I’d like to sign up now to get the Early Bird rate, or the best available rate if I sign up later.
—— end clip —–
The post 5 Easy Reasons For Your Boss to Send You to NGINX Conf 2018 appeared first on NGINX.