Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18343
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18343 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle (which currently is 19H1).
Other Updates for Insiders
In Build 18342, we announced that Windows Sandbox now supports configuration files. These files allow users to configure some aspects of the sandbox, such as vGPU, networking and shared folders. You can read about all the details here in this blog post!
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed the Connected Standby issue that resulted in us blocking PCs with Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 processor model. If your PC was unable to take Build 18342 from earlier this week due to having one of these processor models, you should be able to take this flight!
- We fixed the issue that required an additional reboot when performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We’re continuing to investigate reported issues in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
REMINDER: Getting the latest Windows 10 app updates
We have locked down the inbox apps in 19H1. These simplified versions of some of the inbox apps are what will ship with 19H1 when it is released. As a result, Insiders may have noticed that some features have disappeared from these apps. This was probably most noticeable with the Photos app. Insiders can get these features back by going into the settings of an inbox app like Photos and clicking the “Join preview” button.
Annual Windows Insider Program Survey
If you haven’t had a chance to take our 2019 Windows Insider Annual Survey, we’d love to hear from you before it closes on February 28. It only takes 10-15 minutes to complete, but your feedback helps us shape the program for the rest of the year.
And thank you to everyone who has already taken the survey for helping us plan what’s next for the Windows Insider Program!
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,