Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19018
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19018 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Starting today, Windows Insiders who have opted into Skip Ahead are being migrated back into the Fast ring. This means that Skip Ahead will no longer be reflected under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program. Going forward, we will not be offering Skip Ahead as an option for Insiders to sign-up for. Our goal is to provide everyone in the Fast ring the freshest builds at the same time.
IMPORTANT: As is normal with pre-release builds, these builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. If you take this flight, you won’t be able to switch Slow or Release Preview rings without doing a clean-install on your PC.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle.
Not seeing any of the features in this build? Check your Windows Insider Settings to make sure you’re on the Fast ring. Submit feedback here to let us know if things weren’t working the way you expected.
Other updates for Insiders
Quick searches now in Search Home
To help you find the info that matters even faster, we’ve added four quick web searches to your Search Home:
- Weather: Get current conditions and the upcoming forecast
- Top news: Read the latest headlines from popular news sites
- Today in history: Explore four events that happened on this day
- New movies: Find out what’s playing in theaters near you
To preview these web answers and results, select the search box to open Search Home, then choose one of the quick search buttons. Need quick answers about other topics or searches? Just enter a query into the search box for quick results about almost everything.
Let us know what you think about quick searches and how you would like to see them evolve.
Note: This is a server-side change that’s currently rolling out and will appear for users across builds from version 1809 to 20H1. Currently, quick searches are only available in the US, but will be available soon internationally.
Updated design for web preview in search results
We have made a few small tweaks to how it looks–here’s what you’ll see now:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- For Insiders that did not take the Cumulative Update to Build 19013, just a note that this build, vvnmcflr (like that update), also includes the fix for the issue resulting in black screens and disconnects over remote desktop in the last couple of flights.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the Settings app was hanging or crashing when accessing the System or Ease of Access sections.
- We fixed an issue where if a new account profile picture synced down from the cloud, your old one might not be listed in the picture history in Accounts Settings.
- We fixed an issue where Windows Update history might show an update having failed with error 0x80240017 even though the update had actually succeeded.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Search sometimes not rendering in the enter space available within the Search window.
- We fixed an issue that could result in exe using an unexpectedly high amount of CPU when your device was unplugged in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Cortana not responding to Hey Cortana.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Cortana not being visible in the taskbar right after upgrading, or being visible but not working, until you restarted your PC.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to keep the Shift key pressed in order to type capital letters in certain languages recently when typing with the onehanded touch keyboard.
- As some Insiders know, a few releases ago we announced a new keyboard shortcut (WIN + Ctrl + Shift + B) in order to help troubleshoot black screens. With today’s build, in this vein, we’re announcing a new keyboard shortcut (WIN + Ctrl + Shift + L) to help investigate issues with the login screen. Simply press the keyboard shortcut while your PC is locked, reproduce your issue, and then press the keyboard short again–a reference number will be displayed that you can share when reporting your issue. Please note, currently this is only supported for local sessions that have connected to the network and power, and for whom Diagnostic Data is set to Full.
- Narrator no longer announces changes in fonts when they have not changed.
- We updated Narrator’s autocorrect sound to be more consistent with the editing experience.
- We improved Narrator’s navigation and reading experience within Chrome.
- We’ve improved the Outlook experience with Magnifier when Magnifier is set to track the text cursor in the center of the screen. Arrowing up and down in a list of emails will no longer force the viewport to the left of the list of messages.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- We’ve heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We’re looking into the issue.
- If this build attempts to download an install before you have completed the first login of a prior install (such as Build 19013), you will experience a 2-hour window before you can install this new build.
Calling all League of Legends Fans!
Are you a League of Legends fan? The 2019 World Championship is here, and Bing has everything you need to stay up to date. Check out our League of Legends feature including matches, brackets, standings and more.
If you want to be among the first to learn about these Bing features, join our Bing Insiders Program.