Recognizing Q4 Top 5 Bounty Hunters
We have tabulated the results from April-June 2018. The Top 5 Bounty Hunters for Q4 are now in. As with our list from Q3, we want to recognize both the leaders in payouts and in number of successful submissions. We appreciate the hard work and dedication of the following individuals and companies who have contributed to securing Microsoft’s products and services over our fourth quarter.
Top 5 Bounty Hunters by Award:
1. Xiao Wei of Qihoo 360 Vulcan Team – $80,000
2. Yuki Chen of Qihoo 360 Vulcan Team – $45,000
3. Marcin Towalski (@mtowalski1) – $35,000
4. Qixun Zhao (@S0rryMybad) of Qihoo 360 Vulcan Team – $30,000
4. Soroush Dalili (@irsdl) of NCC Group – $30,000
Top 5 Bounty Hunters by Qualifying Bounty Submissions:
1. Ashar Javed (@soaj1664ashar) – 23 Submissions
2. Cameron Vincent (@secretlyhidden1) – 21 Submissions
3. Suresh Chelladurai – 15 Submissions
4. Xiao Wei of Qihoo 360 Vulcan Team – 6 Submissions
5. Mario Gomes (@netfuzzer) – 3 Submissions
5. Adrian Ivascu – 3 Submissions
5. Marcin Towalski (@mtowalski1) – 3 Submissions
5. Thomas Vanhoutte – 3 Submissions
Congratulations to these researchers! Stay tuned for the annual Top 100 list that will be revealed at BlackHat in just a couple weeks. The MSRC team wants to extend our sincere thanks for the continued support and submissions from all of our security researchers. Together we can make the ecosystem more secure.
Would you like to be in our “Top 5” Bug Bounty program awards? Check out https://aka.ms/bugbounty and send us your submissions to any of the bug bounty programs that we have listed. Send us a high quality report to ensure the highest possible payout, you might just find yourself in our quarterly “Top 5” awards!
Principal Security Group Manager
Microsoft Security Response Center