WordPress 5.3 RC4
The fourth release candidate for WordPress 5.3 is now available!
WordPress 5.3 is currently scheduled to be released on November 12 2019, but we need your help to get there—if you haven’t tried 5.3 yet, now is the time!
There are two ways to test the WordPress 5.3 release candidate:
- Try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (choose the “bleeding edge nightlies” option)
- Or download the release candidate here (zip).
- The Twemoji library has been updated from 12.1.2 to 12.1.3 (see #48293).
- Two regressions in the Media component (see #48451 and #48453).
- One bug in the Upload component (see #48472)
- Five bugs in the Block Editor component (see #48502)
Plugin and Theme Developers
Please test your plugins and themes against WordPress 5.3 and update the Tested up to version in the readme to 5.3. If you find compatibility problems, please be sure to post to the support forums so we can figure those out before the final release.
The WordPress 5.3 Field Guide has also been published, which details the major changes.
A new dev note has been published since the Field Guide was released, Use of the “wp_update_attachment_metadata” filter as “upload is complete” hook. Plugin and theme authors are asked to please read this note and make any necessary adjustments to continue working well in WordPress 5.3 or share any difficulties encountered on #48451.
How to Help
Do you speak a language other than English? Help us translate WordPress into more than 100 languages!
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on WordPress Trac, where you can also find a list of known bugs.
Source: WordPress 5.3 RC4