출처 : https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/choosing-the-right-storage-engine/
출처2 : https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/storage-engines/
MariaDB supported engines
- The Archive storage engine is, unsurprisingly, best used for archiving.
- Aria, MariaDB’s more modern improvement on MyISAM, has a small footprint and allows for easy copy between systems.
- The BLACKHOLE storage engine accepts data but does not store it and always returns an empty result, useful, for example, if you want to run complex filtering rules on a slave without incurring any overhead on a master.
- Cassandra is a NoSQL engine.
- CONNECT allows access to different kinds of text files and remote resources as if they were regular MariaDB tables.
- The CSV storage engine can read and append to files stored in CSV (comma-separated-values) format. However, since MariaDB 10.0, CONNECT is a better storage engine is able to read and write such files.
- FederatedX uses libmysql to talk to the data source, the data source being a remote RDBMS. Currently, since FederatedX only uses libmysql, it can only talk to another MySQL RDBMS.
- InnoDB is a good general transaction storage engine. XtraDB is a performance enhanced fork of InnoDB.
- The MERGE storage engine is a collection of identical MyISAM tables that can be used as one. “Identical” means that all tables have identical column and index information.
- MEMORY does not write data on-disk (all rows are lost on crash) and is best-used for read-only caches of data from other tables, or for temporary work areas.
- Mroonga provides fast CJK-ready full text searching using column store.
- MyISAM has a small footprint and allows for easy copy between systems. MyISAM is MySQL’s oldest storage engine; Aria is MariaDB’s more modern improvement.
- OQGRAPH allows you to handle hierarchies (tree structures) and complex graphs (nodes having many connections in several directions).
- ScaleDB is a commercial storage engine suited for large-scale online transaction processing and data warehousing.
- SphinxSE is used as a proxy to run statements on a remote Sphinx database server (mainly useful for advanced fulltext searches).
- Spider uses partitioning to provide data sharding through multiple servers.
- TokuDB is a transactional storage engine which is optimized for workloads that do not fit memory, and provides a good compression ratio.
- XtraDB, a performance enhanced fork of InnoDB, is a good general transaction storage engine and usually the best choice if unsure. It is MariaDB’s default engine.