MySQL Shell 8.0.18 – What’s New?
The MySQL Development team is proud to announce a new version of the MySQL Shell with the following major improvements:
- Migration to Python 3
- Built-in thread reports
- Ability to use an external editor
- Ability to execute system commands within the shell
- Admin API Improvements:
- New options to log all the SQL used on the different operations
- Support for IPv6 in InnoDB Clusters
- New function to reset the InnoDB Cluster recovery accounts
- General maintenance and bug fixing
Python 3 Migration
Source: MySQL Shell 8.0.18 – What’s New?